Italian residents who have registered an Italian Exchange account can access the Betfair Exchange API. Italian residents can register an account via https://register.betfair.it/account/italy/registration
To use the Italian Exchange with API-NG you need to create an Application Key for your Italian Exchange account by following the process outlined via https://api.developer.betfair.com/services/webapps/docs/display/1smk3cen4v3lu3yomq5qye0ni/Application+Keys
Once you have done created an App Key, you will need to login to API-NG using the Italian Exchange endpoint which is as follows:
Interactive Login - Desktop Application
Interactive Login - API Endpoint
Once a session token has been obtained via the .it login methods above, any further API requests should be sent to the UK Exchange endpoints indicated below.
To use the interactive login with the Italian Exchange your App Key will need to be white-listed by Betfair. White-listing is not required to use the non-interactive login method.
There are several additional regulatory rules which apply specifically and only to accounts betting on the Italian Exchange (https://www.betfair.it/exchange):
- The stake for each back offer is a minimum of 200 Euro Cents and can only be incremented in multiples of 50 Euro Cents.
- Any lay offers placed by the customer, must be placed in such a way as to ensure that the stake for any corresponding back offer amounts to a minimum of 50 Euro Cents.
- A placeOrders request may contain up to 50 bet instructions. Any submissions containing more than 50 instructions will fail.
- We cannot accept betting offers with potential winnings, calculated on the basis of the pre-selected odds that exceed the amount envisaged by article 12, paragraph 4, of Finance Minister Decree no. 111 of 1 March 2006 (10,000 Euros). N.B. This amount includes the original stake.
- placeOrders request containing both back and lay bets in the same order will be rejected. The error REJECTED_BY_REGULATOR will be returned in these circumstances.
- Bets cannot be accepted between 0200 and 0600 GMT. Bets submitted during the closed period will return the REJECTED_BY_REGULATOR error message. Customers should prevent their bots from submitting placeOrders requests during this time.