Demo tools are available for the Betfair Exchange API for both theBetting and Accounts API. The Demo Tools can be used by developers to allow quick experimentation and interaction with the production API system.
All existing API operations are available
You can easily experiment with the parameters for your API queries.
Please note that the Demo Tools are provided as-is, and are intended solely as a testing resource
There are several ways that you can obtain a session token for the visualiser:
The Demo Tools will populate the session token field with the value of a session token found in your browsers cookie store for the Betfair.com website. Login to www.betfair.com (via a seperate browser tab) and refresh the demo tools page to automatically input the Session Token field
Using Google Chrome you can inspect and copy the session directly from the browser by doing the following:
1, Press Ctrl+Shift+J
2. Select Application > Cookies > www.betfair.com or www.betfair.com.au
3. Copy the Value for the cookie with name ssoid and paste this into the Demo Tool
Make a POST request using a tool such as Postman following the instructions via Interactive Login - API Endpoint
Download SampleAPI.exe which is a compiled version of the sample interactive login code which is described in the documentation here, with the source from the API-NG Sample code github repo.
Enter your application key and follow the login instructions; your session token with be extracted from your session and presented to you via the application.
Please see some example of how to use the Demo tools in the steps below:
1. Request All eventTypes using listEventTypes
2. Request all events for EventTypeId 1 (Soccer)
3. Request all markets for a specific eventId using listMarketCatalogue
4. Request prices for a specific marketId (EX_BEST_OFFERS & EX_TRADED) using listMarketBook - Please note: click on the '?' under Market Book on the right hand side to reveal the Market Details pop up.
The Demo Tools are provided as-is, and is intended solely as a testing resource.
The demo tools interact directly with the Betfair API production system and not a testbed/sandbox environment.